Welcome to WAKE.SG
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, get your own private messenger and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise be a member for free today!

Photo

Binding Positions (Wide Vs Narrow Stance)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Axxis

Axxis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:All water sports
  • Where do you wakeboard?:Cable Ski 360
  • Whats your wakeboard?:Ronix Ibex ATR
  • Who's your favourite wakeboarder?:Harf
  • What's your favourite trick?:315 faceplant
Hi guys,

I'm wondering what is the recommended stance (wide vs narrow) for riding sliders?
Am I better of setting the bindings up wide or closer together?
And how about for learning tricks like a Raley at the cable ski?

Thanks,
Chris

filmstar

filmstar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Where do you wakeboard?:Ponggol Marina
  • Whats your wakeboard?:2009 S4 grindbase and Watson 138
  • Who's your favourite wakeboarder?:Daniel Grant
  • What's your favourite trick?:too many to decide!

Hi guys,

I'm wondering what is the recommended stance (wide vs narrow) for riding sliders?
Am I better of setting the bindings up wide or closer together?
And how about for learning tricks like a Raley at the cable ski?

Thanks,
Chris

Hi Chris,

This might help!

http://www.wakeboard...?showtopic=3571

Cheers!

Axxis

Axxis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
errr.. lots of good pointers for the raley attempt, edging and the scoop (which I need badly) but can't seem to see anything about binding positions. I guess it's just personal preference. I've got a dodgy knee from a motorcycle accident and I'm thinking keeping the bindings closer together will be better for my knee but I don't know how much it will impact my riding control and edgeing. Guess I'll just have to try and sus it out. I'd love to hear from some other riders who've experimented with this and can give some advice.

David Ngiam

David Ngiam

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,940 posts
Its best to keep the bindings about shoulder width apart, with a bit of a duck stance. If your stance is too narrow, there's a higher chance of getting injured, especially if you are landing nose or tail heavy, (imagine your knees buckling outwards). A wider stance spreads out your balance, especially when hitting rails. If you do a boardslide on a thin rail, you can probably keep the rail in between your feet longer than you would with a narrow stance. However, too wide is also not a good idea. It makes it a little harder to pop (try jumping on the floor with feet spread wide apart). The best is about shoulder width or slightly wider. Try to set it up such that the board is symmetrical so that its the same stance whether you are riding regular or switch.

Axxis

Axxis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thanks!

jumpjet

jumpjet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Where do you wakeboard?:Marina Bay, Batam cableski
  • Whats your wakeboard?:Slingshot
  • What's your favourite trick?:railey
I found this from Slingshot that can help visualize what David already said...have fun!

Its best to keep the bindings about shoulder width apart, with a bit of a duck stance. If your stance is too narrow, there's a higher chance of getting injured, especially if you are landing nose or tail heavy, (imagine your knees buckling outwards). A wider stance spreads out your balance, especially when hitting rails. If you do a boardslide on a thin rail, you can probably keep the rail in between your feet longer than you would with a narrow stance. However, too wide is also not a good idea. It makes it a little harder to pop (try jumping on the floor with feet spread wide apart). The best is about shoulder width or slightly wider. Try to set it up such that the board is symmetrical so that its the same stance whether you are riding regular or switch.

Attached Images

• fastrack2.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users